Thursday, March 26, 2009

Afternoon Sesh


I am a rope access tech, so for a job I rap down buildings and carry out any maintanence or rigging that needs to be done, there are lots of cool jobs that come with it just as there are many boring monotanous ones. For the past month I have been working in the city, so early starts and long peak hour drives can make work........interesting. One awesome thing about working in the city is that along the drive home, the road takes me close to some of the best bouldering in Sydney.
Tuesday afternoon came around and I had the same feeling I had the week before, I wasnt motivated to train at all I didnt want to wait for the weekend to climb, so I didnt. I went to Sissy crag I had a great afternoon, It didnt take long to warm up because I was pretty amped to be out there and after a quick stretch and some warming up I sussed out a line and started going at it
The problem 'Silent Bob V10' is absolutely classic!! It also seeps like a mother after rain or during the heat, the hold just before the crux is soooo wet and damp permanently that its turned a lovely turquoise colour. None the less I padded it down a few times and went for it, I cant express how much I enjoyed doing it, a wicked roof through bad slopers at the end and the crux a high velocity cut loose.
After sussing the moves (and my feet!!) on my first attempt I had it sorted, so the next two shots were frustrating slapping the wrong side of the hold but on my fourth shot I nailed it! I I was so amped after sending it I started thinking how much I wanted to try another problem at a neighbouring crag Crumbly. I didnt think to much actually I packed up my shit sprinted out of there and landed at the walk in ten minutes later. When I arrived there was another dude unloading his pads out of his ute his name is Daniel Da Silva.
Its funny I had been speaking to Dan days earlier and hadnt met yet but was physced to go for a boulder with him. So it was brilliant timing we both scurried down to the cave and after a brief warm up got on 'Mushi Brain V11'. This problem is long and pumping and climbs so rad, great holds big throws and fidgity footwork. I had tried this problem once before but was in no state to do any good, so I surprised myself when I reached a new high point on my first go. Dan did awesome as well, he is one strong dude locking off really tight and climbed mego-smooooth.
Alas it wasnt too long before fatigue set in and with that a friendly little hole in my finger, oh well I am super motivated to get back there and finish it this week but I dont think I'll get there till next week again. Time to train I think, power endurance is where its at.
This weekend if the weather holds out I'll be heading out to the blocs again, unknown where or how but will update with any sends, Im soooo motivated damn I wish I had more skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment